How Do I Know? (That I am doing it right?)
- you have a sense of naturalness
- there is a sense of relief at being with yourself, like when you are spilling your heart to a friend
- you feel restful
- you feel free to be with what is bothering you, what is hurting, and to take care of yourself
- you are accepting your rhythms of restfulness and restlessness
- you are accepting all your thoughts, sensations, and emotions, without resistance, and without needing to exercise control
- after meditation, you feel a little bit better, more relaxed
- Over time, you have a sense of joy within, for no reason. Your senses are more alert, you are more rested (or less exhausted). You function better.
All you need is the capacity for wonder and a desire to rest and be rejuvenated.